The Wicked Fast Great Bay 5K – Oct. 28, 2017
- RACE DATE: Saturday, Oct. 28 – 9:00AM
- RACE START: Sandy Point Rd, Stratham, NH
- REGISTRATION: $15 for ages 15 & under; $25 for ages 16 & up. Fees increase on Oct. 26.
- PACKET PICK-UP: Oct 26 & 27, 12:00-6:00PM at the Great Bay Discovery Center, and 7:30-8:45AM at Stratham Hill Park on race day.
- RACE SHIRTS: “MADE IN USA,” long-sleeve, tech race shirts to all who register by September 26, 2017.
- RACE COURSE: Wicked- fast, mostly-downhill, point-to-point course, finishing at the Great Bay Discover Center (89 Depot Rd, Greenland, NH)
- FUN RUN: FREE kids’ fun run at the Great Bay Discovery Center at about 9:50, following the 5K.
- POST-RACE: Live music and great hot & cold post race eats.
- MacKenzie Mile – $50 to the first M/F to reach the 1-mile marker.
- Top Finishers – Cash awards for the top 3 M/F runners ($200, $150, $100) and competitive walkers ($50, $40, $30)
- Age Groups – Awards ($25 for 1st, merchandise for 2nd & 3rd) for the top 3 M/F in each age group (14 & under, 15-20, 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+)
- Costume Contests – Cash awards ($53.27) for the top costumed racers
- M/F in the 5K
- Best family (including at least 1 adult and 1 kid under 15)
- Best mixed team (including at least 3 members and both genders)
- Bay Town Awards – $20 to the top M/F finishers from each of these Great Bay/Little Bay towns – Dover, Durham, Greenland, Newfields, Newington/Portsmouth, Newmarket, Stratham
- Great Bay Stewards Awards – $20 to the first M/F Great Bay Stewards members
For more Great Bay 5K info, click here for the 17 Frequently Asked Questions (and their answers).
The Great Bay 5K is the last of the 8 races in the Seacoast Road Race Series, all of which are fund-raisers for local non-profit organizations. The Seacoast Road Race Series was created in 2005 to encourage fitness and healthy competition, and to highlight the beauty of racing in the greater NH-Maine seacoast. Complete 6 of the 8 races and earn a Brooks Distance hoodie (retail value – $75).
*vote by Run New England