Great Bay Stewards, Inc.
Job Description: Part-time Executive Director
Interested applications please send a cover and letter and resume to email@example.com
The Executive Director acts as the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the overall management and direction of the organization in accordance with its vision and mission. The primary mission of the Great Bay Stewards is to protect and preserve the vitality of the Great Bay estuarine ecosystem through education, land protection, research, and outreach by working with the Great Bay National Estuarine Reserve (GBNERR) and other conservation-minded organizations.
The Executive Director embraces a collaborative role throughout the Great Bay estuary in partnering with local businesses, foundations, government officials, other nonprofits, and supporters. She/he works under the general oversight of the Board of Trustees and reports directly to the Chairman of the Board.
- Administration of Organization:
- Works with the Board and similarly-minded agencies and organizations to assure that the Great Bay Stewards operates with a clear mission and a long-range strategic plan that is consistent with the mission.
- Develops with the Board an annual work plan to establish policies, strategic focus, priorities, and general scope of programs the Stewards will deliver.
- Serves as staff member to all Board Committees providing direction and guidance.
- Finance and Fundraising:
- Responsible for the overall management, development, and direction of the organization’s fund-raising and membership efforts.
- Prepares annual budget and fundraising plan in coordination with the Board of Trustees.
- Identifies grant opportunities and develops proposals.
- Monitors expenditures and income in coordination with Treasurer.
- Advocacy Efforts:
- Develops advocacy strategy in coordination with the Board and GBNERR.
- Builds relationships with state and local government officials as well as local and regional organizations involved in Great Bay environmental issues.
- Management of Office/Staff:
- Provides ongoing management to assure the organization stays within approved plans and budgets.
- Supervises part-time staff and develops contracts with outside vendors.
- Degree in nonprofit management, environmental management or equivalent
- Background in science preferred
- Minimum of two years nonprofit management experience
- Fundraising and budgetary proficiency
- Experience working with a non-profit board of directors
- Familiar with the mission of the Great Bay Stewards and GBNERR
15-20 hours per week; work schedule flexible with seasonal weekend events
This posting shall remain open until June 30th.