The Stewards are hiring for a new Administrative Coordinator! Please send a cover letter and resume by mail or email to the addresses below by October 6, 2017.
Great Bay Stewards, 89 Depot Road, Greenland NH 03840
Phone: (603) 778-0015
Supporting education, research & conservation on Great Bay
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Coordinator
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Great Bay Stewards (GBS) seek an exceptional Administrative Coordinator to support the directives and mission of the growth-oriented, nonprofit Great Bay Stewards.
The successful candidate must have a passion for the environment, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and must understand the administrative support needs of a growing nonprofit. The ability to work independently without much supervision is critical. The Administrative Coordinator’s role is to manage the administrative needs of GBS, attend Board meetings, and provide general organization-wide support as needed. Duties include database management, preparation and mailing of written communications, project tracking, and electronic media management. The successful candidate must project a professional image through in-person, phone interactions, written and electronic communications. The position reports to Great Bay Stewards Executive Director. The position is for up to 15 hours/week, permanent and exempt. Since the Stewards have no offices or equipment, the candidate must be prepared to work from a home/office, and provide their own internet connection; a Great Bay Stewards’ computer and printer will be provided. The Stewards will provide or reimburse for supplies (paper, envelopes, postage, printer supplies, etc.) as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include, but not be limited to:
- Participate in maintenance and distribution of mailed communications including Membership and Annual Appeal campaigns, as well as other mailed communications that support the GBS Mission.
- Participate in the maintenance and/or modification of contact databases.
- Manage all electronic and social media, including the organization website, Facebook, Instagram, eNewletters, etc.
- Assist in planning/tracking fundraising events and initiatives.
- Work with Finance Committee or designee to track proposed and approved GBS projects.
- Maintain detailed records of GBS revenues and expenses.
- Develop grant guidelines and manage active grants in coordination with treasurer.
- Maintain GBS event & meeting calendar.
- Coordinate Annual Membership Meeting speakers and logistics.
- Stay informed on local issues involving Great Bay.
- Compile and report on statistical information for Board Committees as requested.
- Conduct research/cost analysis, assemble and analyze data relative to GBNERR funding requests.
- Evaluate operating practices and suggest and/or implement improvements.
- Attend all GBS Board meetings, and (on an as-needed and as-available basis) other meetings relative to Board and/or committees.
- Research grant opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A passion and commitment to Great Bay and the environment.
- Strong ability and affinity for office computer programs, with the ability to learn new software applications. This position will require significant interaction with multiple computer programs, including donor tracking software
- Polished oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with GBS Board Members, GBNERR Staff and public.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and discretion with confidential information.
- A combination of the completion of a Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 1-3 years of administrative assistant experience.
- Marketing and public relations experience.
- Strong graphic communication skills and knowledge of graphic design software.
- Intermediate level knowledge of software for page layout, spreadsheets, database management, presentations, mass email communications, and basic website updating/ maintenance.
- Experience working for a non-profit organization.
- Experience in grant writing, managing and reporting.
This job is part time and up to 15 hours per week.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range based on qualifications and experience. This position is not eligible for benefits.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to this position. Candidate may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the job description provided that such duties are characteristic of the classification.