Annual Achievements 2018 – 2019
Great Bay Stewards: 2018 – 2019 Annual Accomplishments
- Facilitated a major gift to support the Reserve through increased staffing, facility improvements, and employee development funds.
- Launched Estuary Explorers, dedicated to bringing more than 500 students from socioeconomically challenged schools to the Discovery Center.
- Obtained funding for a Gardening for Pollinators workshop at the Great Bay Community Wildlife Garden and to install a solar water pump, create garden trellises, and plant native species.
- Co-hosted a fall cleanup on the Bay, cleaning up an estimated 1 kilometer of shoreline by boat and picking up approximately half a ton of trash.
- Invested in new exhibits to interpret the osprey camera and “salt marsh corner” in the Discovery Center.
- Supported the Beaches Conference, a biannual event focused on the shores of New Hampshire and Maine.
- Participated in organizing a Sagamore Creek Community Open House, aimed at promoting awareness and its threats.
- Served as fiscal agent for grants to GBNERR; climate science, living shorelines, and wildlife friendly trail development.
- Funded a new website for GBNERR.
- Provided assistance to TOTE, a field based teacher training program.
- Supported the production, printing and mailing of Great Bay Matters.
- Participated in the Every Drop campaign, a component of Great Bay 2020 aimed at creating a culture of stewardship around clean water.
- Held the 20th annual Great Bay 5K, raising $15,000, with hundreds of runners as well as a new partnership with area breweries.
- Organized the 15th annual Art of Great Bay, raising more than $11,000, with an afternoon ‘senior tea’ as well as a breakfast with the Portsmouth Chamber of Commerce.
- Held community suppers with Robert’s Maine Grill and Flatbread.
- Held a members-only kayak trip on a beautiful Saturday morning.